My favorite part about reading this book is it's focus on being in the present. I know that I focus so much on what the future holds and where I will be in ten years that I worry and stress myself out. Here is my favorite quote from the book that I want to share with you:
"The future belongs to God, and it is only He who reveals it, under extraordinary circumstances...If you pay close attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves His children."
I believe that when we focus too much on the future, and even our past, we overlook what we can do now.
2 comments:
That is a great quote and one that all of us could follow!
I miss you, I saw your dad and brother at Carmen and Allen's reception. I missed you. I love ya!
Post a Comment