Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cotton Bottom Bar, a real treat!

Every Tuesday in the summer our office does lunch together; everyone signs up as pairs to host a lunch for the office and some Tuesdays we go out to lunch together. This Tuesday (today) just so happened to be the going out kind. And where did we go? Well, let me tell you! Cotton Bottom Bar. Yes, my co-workers took me to the biker bar for the famous garlic burger (No worries everyone was strictly professional and ordered Pepsi and H2O). The Human Resource manager is LDS and she organizes the lunch dates, etc. So when she asked if I wanted to go with everyone to Cotton Bottom for a hamburger, a delicious garlic burger, I said, "Yeah! Count me in!" She then told me that this place is a bar and that we would all eat outside so no worries. Her words were, "From the outside you will think 'Man, this place is a real dive.' But their garlic burgers are really good and that is all that we go there for." Well after hearing it was a bar, my boss Patti telling me that I really need to see this place because it's just, ya know, funny, and the garlic burgers I really had to go. So don't chastise me about going to a bar (We ate outside on a picnic table). Well Patti and I drove there together and I have to say I was shocked. Just look at the picture below and it will tell you all you need to know. Yes, that is a rabbit drinking a brewsky. CHEERS! Anywho Patti and I are the first to get there. Let me describe the scene. Picture this. A chain link fence around 4 round picnic tables with dusty faded umbrellas, biker dudes in grey beards and cut off shirts (no sleeves) drinking, and a middle aged woman smoking in the corner eating a hamburger, a brown shack with faded/dusty windows, a screen door as an entrance, a 50 year old waitress/cook in black hot pants and purple tank top with smoker voice, and a male waiter in black cut off shorts and a black t-shirt with some tattoos. It was awesome. Patti and I sat down at this big picnic table by the entrance to the bar (we didn't go in, we all ordered and ate outside). About 5 minutes later the purple tank top waitress comes out and says to me, "Can I see your I.D. please?" "Yes! Here you go!" I was fairly confident that I would pass the test. I'm pretty sure I looked 12 compared to the regular crowd. She asked us what we would like to drink: Patti said, "Diet Pepsi please." I said, "Root Beer, please" (In my head I was thinking say water, say water, but I had to say Root Beer, I really had to). She said, "We don't have that." I said, "Water is great!" Then most of our co-workers had shown up by then and we ate our Cotton Bottom garlic hamburgers. Then Patti told me I had to go inside to check it out because it's so funny. So I said "Okay, I'll check it out." She went in with me and I had not walked four steps when three old men said, "OH! They just keep gettin' prettier and prettier!!" I nervously laughed, "He..he." Then one of them said, "I might just have to stay a little longer!" And I said to Patti, "I don't think I will!!!" And I jetted out of there quickly. It was dark and stinky. We had a good laugh on the way back to the office.
It was the best lunch experience so far. If I contract any major diseases in my lifetime, I attribute it to the Cotton Bottom.
Now I can say that I've been carded, hit on by three 60 year old men, and asked for Root Beer at a bar. My life's complete. 'Sigh'

5 comments:

Mom said...

That was hilarious!!! Love ya! So...were the garlic burgers worth the trip? You never did say!!!

Daa said...

I laughed the whole way through that story! That's even better than when I rode the mechanical bull at a bar in California (I believe I had a 7up!

Dad said...

That was DAD, not Daa, you probably figured that out already.

Stacie and Jared said...

LOL that's hilarious! Bahaha, your dad cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, that place is right by Jeff's parent's house, right? I always thought it looked like a dive, but I did hear they have good food. Maybe Jeff and I can go on a hot date there sometime! Play some darts, drink some sparkling water, etc...