Monday, July 20, 2009

Bear Lake

This weekend my roommate Dani and some friends went to Bear Lake for the weekend. I hadn't been there since I was about seven. Bear Lake is beautiful! I wish I had gotten a picture of the lake from our cabin. It was gorgeous. The lake is turquoise and our view from the cabin was amazing. I should have gotten a picture of the cabin we stayed in. Some day I'd like a cabin there. It was wonderful! We drove up Friday evening around 6pm, after everyone got off work. We packed the car up and headed out. Roadtrips are always fun. It took us about 3 hours to get there and we were ready to be there by the second hour. Once we got there we unloaded our stuff and relaxed by the t.v. to watch a moooovie. Everyone was asleep in ten minutes. The next morning Dani, Andy, Ashley, and I made breakfast for everyone there. It was delicious. Dani makes the best scrambled eggs in the world. She puts cream cheese in them!!! From this day on if I want gourmet scrambled eggs I will put cream cheese in them. After breakfast we got ready to go swimming. We decided to go to this glacier lake in Bloomington, Idaho near the mountains, it was about an hour away. This tiny lake had a rope swing and some cliffs to jump off. The rope swing was pretty sweet because it swung you out really far. I wanted to swing on that thing all day if I could. I have a video of it below if you want check out it's sweetness. After swimming in Idaho we decided to hit the beach at Bear Lake. It was nice to just wade out in the lake. You can wade in the water for about 100 meters and it is up to your chest. It was so cool. People were tossing footballs and frisbees in the water. It was great. After we swam in the lake for a bit, Andy and I attempted to make a sand castle. That proved difficult. So instead we used some wet sand and it oozed through your fingers to make this really cool tower. That is our "castle" below. Charming. After Bear Lake we headed back to the cabin and everyone was fried. I am fried still. Our dinner was yummy though. Andy's brother and wife made dutch oven enchiladas and peach cobler. So good! After dinner we went to get a famous raspberry shake in Garden City, right by Bear Lake. The shakes were good, but honestly it tasted the same as any other shake (my Mom says they are famous because "they are thick!"....riiiiight). It was a good shake nonetheless. :) After that we headed back to the cabin. Everyone was so pooped out from playing all day that we all fell asleep watching another movie within ten minutes. The next morning we had a hearty breakfast consisting of waffles, eggs, toast, and fruit. We ate good this trip. All in all it was a great weekend and I got a few pictures with the help of Dani. She took most of them because I am in the habit of forgetting to take pictures. Thanks Dani!


The majestic castle complete with moat.

This is the lake with the rope swing. You can see a person hanging onto the rope.

This is the view from the shore of the glacier lake and you can see the small glacier. Yes, it is very small. But isn't it gorgeous! Those cliffs are where we jumped off into the water.
A little tuckered out by the end of the weekend.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Yay for Bear Lake!!! That was a blast. You are the best. The end.

Stacie and Jared said...

That looks awesome!! Was the water freezing??

Mikell said...

the first time it was!!!! but after that it was refreshing!