Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Raining Cats and Dogs

Well today in Provo its raining like mad and I've gotta tell ya that I am soaking it in like crazy! I walked to school today from my apartment and its probably a half hour walk, by the time I got to class I was 30 minutes late and soaking wet. I didn't really mind though! I'm pretty dry right now and its still RAINING!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOO, I'm stickin to my pacific northwest roots guys.
Last night was crazy though, after Country Swing Dancing the wind was blowing like crazy. My roommate and I left our window open and our door was open a crack and then all of a sudden the door slammed so loud I thought it was a tree crashing into our window. I screamed and my roommate just rolled over in her bed.

OH man you may not know this but I'm officially awesome at Country Swing Dancing. No I kid. But every night on Tuesdays my roommates and some people from my ward go Country Swing Dancing from 9-12 and its free. Here are the best parts of why we go:
1. We get in free because we're girls. :)
2. Its the only way i'll listen to country music.
3. I do flips, twirls, spins, and kick my heels in the air.
4. I have an excuse now to buy cowboy boots (i've really really wanted some)
5. Boys ask you to dance and you've gotta feel good about that!
6. I know the "Honkey Tonk" line dance...i think its my favorite.
The list could go on forever! But well last night i did about 5 back flips and then some! Just don't let the kid with wranglers and a white button up shirt ask you to dance....he twirls you around like a rag doll. After I danced with him I was so exhausted I thought I'd been on 5 rollercoasters and ran a marathon all in the same day.

3 comments:

Kari said...

I always wished I knew how to Country Dance it sounds like so much fun! Sounds like you are quite the pro!

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on! You've always been a country girl at heart!!!

Anonymous said...

It rained here in Kaysville all day long, and unlike you I hated it! Rainy days are boring days! Well, I'm glad you had fun swing-dancing. We went as a family last week to what apparently was a 'you have to be at least 50 to dance on this floor' studio. I think I heard at least 10 cuss words from the mad old geezer dancers (sorry mom, they looked older than you...), and I don't think we'll be going there again. It was funny though!