After 16 years I've finally done it! I thought maybe it was a fluke and I would give it more time to announce, but what they hay I will shout it from the rooftops I'm so happy! I have not bitten my nails in over 4 months. That's a record baby. Each time I look at my nails I am apalled and disgusted by the idea of biting them. I mean I was disgusted before, but I did it anyway. Kind of like all bad habits. The idea of it is bad and negatively affects us though we often do it anyway. When you think about it, I'm eating germs from who knows where (SICK, GROSS, NASTY!), eroding my front teeth (NOOO! WHY?!), and it's painful. The parallels of this to sinful habits are astounding. Geez, 16 years to break this habit. Where did I go wrong the first time? That's something to think about.
To reward myself I am getting a manicure. And a new jacket from Patagonia. The Nano Puff. It's sick. (Sick as in sweet.)
6 comments:
Congrats! I know how hard it is to stop biting your nails.
Congrats! Enjoy the mani and the coat!
Good job Mikell!!! Enjoy that manicure!
1) Congratulations!
2) Enjoy the jacket!
3)Look how far you've come: http://hullabaloomikell.blogspot.com/2009/07/attempt-number-247.html
Yay!!!!
When I saw your title, I thought, NO WAY! She can not be referring to her nail biting. That is so A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!! You are amazing my dear friend. Way to kick a habit that has been around so long!
Post a Comment