Hi! So this week, Monday, my roommate Jessica and I wanted to check out a hike up American Fork Canyon called Silver Lake. The trailhead starts at the actual lake. Jessica wanted to check out the hike before she invited people to do it this Saturday because she's never done it before. I agreed to go with her on this little adventure! Little did we know that the road would be closed at Tibble Fork Reservoir. SHUCKS! We decided that since we drove all the way there, and the lake is 3.7 miles from Tibble Fork, to hike to the trailhead. Haha. It was quite the adventure! The moon was full, animals, and beautiful scenery. Here are some pictures from the hike and video of our encounter with a moose (I really am fascinated by moose, they're so HUGE) :

Silver Lake iced over
(we thought it would be a lot cooler than this...it's man-made). Yet, isn't it gorgeous up there?!

Said Moose. Jessica smiling.
The Moose! And our wills. Sorry the footage is pretty bad...a little wobbly. Also, the comment about the bull is true! I had this wacky dream the night before that I was hunting wild bull.
So weird!

Tibble Fork Reservoir...again very pretty. Mt Timp in the background.

Tibble Fork Reservoir with Mt Timp again. It was such a nice day to hike!
5 comments:
You can give all your stuff to the orphans, as long as you will me your new GPS watch.
Looks like a great adventure. Are you sure that moose was real? It looked like a statue. ;)
I can't believe you guys lingered that close to a moose. They're super fast and aggressive. You're a lot braver than I am
Haha. Love the commentary. I'm glad you made it past the wild animal safely. :)
That was sure a beautiful hike! That video was funny and oh so touching...I shed a tear or to for the orphans that will get your stinky climbing shoes! You are funny Mikell!!!
Post a Comment