Thursday, April 9, 2009
A little update!
So I haven't been very good about updating family and friends about my life. Some good things have come my way and I am very thankful! Well this semester is my last semester of official classes and this summer I will graduate in August. In order to graduate in my major we have to do a 400 hour internship. I've been searching the whole semester for internships around Utah and applied to a few places. I wasn't having much success and I was getting really worried. Well, a girl from my major invited me to go to a URPA conference. URPA is Utah Parks and Recreation Association, its a 3 day conference where recreation professionals attend classes and meetings. I was able get some business cards from a few recreation directors around the Salt Lake area. One recreation facility seemed really promising so I called them after the conference. An interview was set up and I went to Salt Lake City! I talked to the recreation director and I felt like this facility will provide great opportunities and experience for me. I was offered the job and I accepted! I have an internship, it is at Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center! I start May 4th and I am moving to Centerville, Ut around the 29th of April. I'm pretty excited. A bit nervous excited! Well that is what will be happening for me in the next few months. Wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mikell,
I think it will be great and you will do a great job and love it! You have so many talents and work so well with people...they will love you like we all do!!! I'm so proud of you and what you have accomplished!
Yay for finishing school and getting an internship! That is awesome! Congratulations and good luck!
Congratulations on finishing classes and graduating this summer! You'll have to tell us more about your internship & what you'll be doing there. But it sounds like you'll be having alot of fun this summer!
Post a Comment