Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today was a lot of fun! I went to school most of the day and my marriage prep class was awesome. I have been learning some really cool stuff. Heavenly Father has been giving me answers to my prayers through this class, its amazing. Every night I go to bed with questions and concerns, then the next day during class my questions and concerns are answered! Its awesome!!! I'm very grateful. The class was a lot different than I thought it would be. I thought we'd discuss marriage all the time and I was a little hesitant to add the class, but my expectations were completely off. We've been talking about doctrinal principles that are so amazing, I've gained so much from the lectures. Its doctrine that I have heard before, but for some reason the way the professor talks about the doctrine makes it so much more powerful. 
Also tonight was Kira's bridal shower. Sheena and I went together, we had a lot of fun. It was probably one of the better bridal showers I have been too. Some showers can be really kind of awkward. . . like when the bride-to-be opens up a present and its some tiny lingerie. Sheena and I thought it best to get her a gift card at Gap Body. I'm glad we did! We played this celebrity guessing game, a person had a sticker with a name of a famous woman on their back and you try to guess who you are. I was Angelina Jolie. Heck yah! And Sheena was Priscilla Presley (ex-wife of Elvis Presley). 
Well my roommates and Jared went to the Broadway Musical Cats tonight in Salt Lake City and I'm pretty jealous! I bet it was stinkin' sweet! I can't wait till they get home so I can hear all about it. Usually something funny happens when Jared is around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a fun day, and I'm glad you love your classes!! Sounds like fun at Kira's shower too. I'm glad you and Sheena went together! Have a great week! I love ya!

Kari said...

I loved my marriage prep class I took, I learned SO much that was so helpful when I finally went through the Temple. It was fun to see you at the bridal shower, we should get together sometime!