Tuesday, December 11, 2007

have a laugh!

those of you who apprepriate good humor, i dedicate this to you. i'm not the ditziest person out there, but clearly i'm not the most intelligent...
in provo in snowed a lot, oh and it was so great, but driving a little pick up truck in snow isn't necessarily great, it kind of was a like a a theme park ride actually, so yeah it was a bit fun. Anyway the story, so I had to go to work saturday night and jared dropped the truck off for me that afternoon and it was already snowing heavily. He insisted that if it snows a lot that i use the chains and he told me how to put them on and everything. I must have been half listening, he even drew me a picture too, but I too misinterpreted that. Well come saturday evening after work and i am driving home okay, the rodes are pretty slick, but not bad enough to put chains on. I get home and I called a friend from my ward to help me put the chains on so that in the morning in case it is really icy that i'll be able to get to work in the morning at 7:30. My roommate, him, and I start to put the chains on the truck and everything is good. I go to bed and go to work in the morning and I make it out of my parking spot just fine because i've got my chains on my tires. Well last night Jared asked me how the truck was in the snow and if i had to use chains on the truck. And i was like, "Yeah, we put them on saturday night and it helped in the morning to get out of my parking spot. Those chains really worked." Then i tell him about how i was fish tailing a bit on saturday and that becuase we have front wheel drive its so bad, well, we don't have front wheel drive. No truck on this planet has front wheel drive. Jared looks at me and says, "Well the reason it fish tails is because of the rear wheel drive, not front wheel." Then I say, "Well why did you tell me to put the chains on the front wheel?" He didn't and the picture even had them as the rear wheels. Blake, Jared, and I had a really good laugh about that one because I rode almost all the way to work with chains on a my front wheels in my truck. Yeah those chains really helped me get out of my parking space in the morning hahahahaha. Oh, I probably looked like a fool. But lesson learned! And sometimes you just got to laugh at yourself!Thanks for reading the story though, hope it makes you laugh too.

5 comments:

Garden Street Zoo said...

That is funny! Well, now you know. I had a pick-up truck in college and it was a total pain when it snowed too! Oh, I was wondering if you could e-mail me your mailing address. I have a Christmas card for you. My e-mail address is bethany.c.allen@gmail.com

Thanks for the story. It made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pretty funny Mikell!! About like when I asked if Blake was sure he didn't want me following him and Sheena to Provo in case they had a flat tire or something! (Like I could have fixed it!) HA! HA!

Kari said...

That is funny, don't worry I do stuff like that all the time. How boring would life be if we didn't!

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's great! Think of it this way, at least now you know how to put chains on.

When we were in WA, I asked Brandt to show me how to use my 4-wheel drive, to which he replied that we already have all-wheel drive and all I have to do is push the large button on my dash that says "4-wheel drive" to put it in 4-wheel high. Wow.

Ben said...

It's just too bad that girls in general aren't smarter with cars. What would we do without men in life? I loved Heidi's little story along with yours. I think most women are destined to have car-dumb moments. And it keep snowing here in Provo, so I hope you keep driving safely!